Notre Dame College Inclement Weather Plan
During winter weather, students, faculty, staff and friends and family of the College are asked to be mindful of the College’s weather emergency plan.
If there is any question whether class or work schedules will be affected by severe weather conditions, consider the following:
- Notre Dame College will close only in the event of extreme weather conditions; decisions to delay or close are made based on short- and long-term meteorological reports.
- When poor weather conditions develop overnight, the College will strive to make a decision by 6:30 a.m. Decisions about evening classes and events will generally be made by 3 p.m.
- When classes are delayed or the College is closed, announcements will be made on major local TV stations and their websites (including Channels 3, 5, 8, 19 and 43) and ClearChannel radio stations.
Following are the most likely scenarios:
- The College is CLOSED, BUT ESSENTIAL STAFF ARE TO REPORT
- The College is CLOSED and Classes are CANCELLED until (TIME)
- Online classes are never cancelled due to weather
- ESSENTIAL STAFF will be identified and notified by their supervisors
When the College is CLOSED:
- The College Communications Office will post an announcement on the College website homepage (NotreDameCollege.edu)
- The College Communications Office will send an email announcement to all faculty, staff and students
- Informational Technology (IT) will post a message on MyNDC
- Informational Technology (IT) will post a message on the Moodle login page
- IT will post a banner message on Office 365
- Campus Police will send an Alertus notification. (Details for how to subscribe to the free Alertus app are available online).
Recognizing that some students and employees live a significant distance from the College, members of the Notre Dame community need to use their best judgment in deciding whether or not it is safe to drive to campus.
Faculty: If the College remains open, but you find you are unable to make it to campus, it is imperative you reach out to all students in your class(es) as soon as you possibly can. You can accomplish this by posting a message on your Moodle site by clicking on “announcements or news forum,” then clicking on “advanced,” typing in your message and checking the box for “send forum post notifications with no editing-time delay.” Messages posted will appear in both areas and are automatically sent via email to each course participant. This will prevent students from driving to campus only to discover their class(es) are not meeting. The Office of Academic Affairs is not able to notify students for you.
Students: If the College remains open, you are encouraged to check the Moodle site for your class(es) to see if there is a message from any faculty member who cannot make it to campus. If there are no messages from faculty, but you find you are unable to make it to campus, it is your responsibility to make arrangements with faculty concerning work missed.
Staff: If the College remains open, but you find you are unable to make it to campus, it is imperative you notify your supervisor.
The College’s free Alertus emergency notification service will alert you of delays, closings and other important messages if you are a registered subscriber. If you are not, you can enroll now online.
Local media outlets provide free mobile text and/or email alerts. In the event of a delay or closing, once you sign up for this service, you will receive a text and/or email message notification. To sign up for this free service, the following media websites will guide you through the process of their notification systems. You can enroll with as many as you like:
WKYC TV 3 and iAlerts Radio: https://wkyc.com/textalerts
WOIO TV 19 & 43: https://www.cleveland19.com/weather/closings/