Today, the College offers bachelor’s degrees in 30 disciplines plus a variety of master’s degrees, certification programs and continuing and professional development programs for adult learners on campus and online. Notre Dame offers more than 20 NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs for men and women and is located in a picturesque residential neighborhood just 25 minutes from the heart of Cleveland.
Hallmarks of the Notre Dame experience include stimulating academics, personalized attention of dedicated faculty and staff and small class sizes.
Notre Dame College strives to be one of the finest, small, Catholic colleges in Northeast Ohio, a region that offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities. The campus is tucked away in a quiet suburban neighborhood just outside of Cleveland.
Northeast Ohio is the home of regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports. Surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks, the area is situated within a few miles of beautiful Lake Erie, one of the largest fresh water lakes in the world.
Students in Northeast Ohio can enjoy superb cultural, educational, recreational and entertainment amenities. The region’s cost-of-living is well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the U.S. With its affordable housing, easily accessible roads and transportation services, and an unparalleled quality of life, Northeast Ohio is a great home to students, young professionals and families.
Notre Dame College, a Catholic institution in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame, educates a diverse population in the liberal arts for personal, professional and global responsibility.
4545 College Road
South Euclid, Ohio 44121
Notre Dame College offers majors in nearly 30 disciplines. Our associate, bachelor and master degrees include outstanding programs in education, business, nursing, and science. Weekend, adult and online classes are also available.
- Business Administration:
Accounting, Human Resources Development, Information Systems, International Business, Management, Sports Management, Marketing
- Arts & Humanities:
Communication, English, Graphic Communication, Graphic Design, History, Center for Intelligence Studies, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law English, Pre-Law History, Public Administration, Public Relations, Studio Art
Pre-licensure, Post-licensure, Nursing Education
Early Childhood (pre-K through grade 3), Middle Childhood (grades 4 through 9), Adolescent/Young Adult (grades 7 through 12), Mild Moderate Intervention Specialist
- Science & Mathematics:
Biology, Pre-Med Biology, Chemistry, Pre-Med Chemistry, Binary Program in Engineering, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Psychology
Academic Support Center for Students with Learning Differences (ASC):
The ASC has been recognized nationally by Milestones (a national organization on Autism/Asperger’s), the International Dyslexia Association, and the Learning Disabilities Foundation of America.
|Full Name:||Notre Dame College|
|President (Interim):||John P. Galovic|
|Affiliation:||Sisters of Notre Dame|
|Type of College:||4-year, Catholic, Co-Educational, Liberal Arts|
|Degrees:||Bachelor’s, Master’s and Associate’s; 30 Majors|
|Undergraduate Enrollment (Fall 2019):||1,106 (1,084 full-time)|
|Faculty (2018-2019):||52 full-time, 58% Ph.D. or terminal degree|
|Campus Size:||48 Acres|
|See current tuition & fees information here.|
|Athletic Affiliation:||19 NCAA Division II sports and four varsity sports|
|School Colors:||Royal Blue and Yellow Gold|
|Address:||4545 College Road, South Euclid, Ohio 44121|
|Phone:||216.381.1680 or toll-free 1.877.632.6446|
- The Higher :Learning Commission
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Registration for State Teachers’ Licenses by The State of Ohio Department of Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of Catholic Colleges & Universities (ACCU)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio (AICUO)
- College Entrance Examination Board (The College Board)
- College and University Personnel Association (CUPA)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) (for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange Programs
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE)
- Ohio Board of Nursing (full approval for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program)
- Ohio Council of Teacher Education Organizations (OCTEO)
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges (OFIC)
Traditional Student Profile
- 44% are women
- 56% are men
- 47% are Catholic (of those disclosing)
- 40% of the student body consists of minority students
- 52% are student athletes
- 64% overall retention rate
- 91% of freshmen applicants are accepted for admission
- 61% returning freshmen
- 39% graduate in five years
- 54% live on campus
- 35 states and 21 foreign countries represented
John P. Galovic, Interim President
John P. Galovic, Ed.D., was named interim President of Notre Dame College effective May 13, 2019. Galovic has been at Notre Dame since 2005. He served most recently as Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and as an associate professor of education and teacher licensure officer. He previously served the College as interim Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and interim Vice President of the Finn Center for Graduate, Adult and Professional Education. He also was the College’s interim Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Chair of the Division of Professional Education.
Need Additional Information about Notre Dame College ?