Students in the Communication Public Relations programs are prepared to function as creative, critical and ethical communicators within personal or professional settings. The Communication PR faculty coordinates with the Business Division and Art to foster student learning, student integrity and student success. Graduates of the program will have been educated in a liberal arts tradition to think critically, to analyze complex processes, and to communicate effectively (oral and written) for themselves and others. They will be ready to move into their chosen career field or continue studies.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Communication Public Relations major will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms. • Write effectively for various publics using different technologies.
- Understand the key functions and standard processes of Business and/or Design.
- Critically evaluate, analyze and interpret information to solve problems for business and personal situations.
- Use PR appropriately for different business goals, within different formats, and across various platforms.
- Behave and think ethically while adhering to high standards for personal, social and professional integrity.
- Collaborate effectively in diverse teams across cultures.