Notre Dame College offers innovative and accessible programs that include our on-campus traditional BSN program as well as an on-line to RN-BSN and on-line MSN degrees. Our campus is located in South Euclid, a small suburb just minutes away from downtown Cleveland.
School of Nursing’s Mission: to prepare a professional nurse who is responsive to the health needs of a diverse global society.
At Notre Dame College, each student is our most important student! We are interested in student success with opportunities to build relationships with faculty, staff, and students as they embrace the academic and co-curricular experience. Consistent with its mission, Notre Dame College’s curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts with majors that are characterized by depth, breadth, and contemporary scholarship. Our small classes are led by a dedicated faculty who are committed to guiding students as they work to develop and achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals.
“The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Notre Dame College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).”
The Notre Dame College School of Nursing has affiliations with premiere healthcare institutions in the area including the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Metro Health Medical Center, and the Louis Stokes VA Medical Center.
The program encourages professional success and lifelong learning, while providing opportunities for local and international service. The Notre Dame College School of Nursing also has chapters of the National Student Nurses Association, Men in Nursing, and the Honor Society of Nursing.
Other Highlights of the Notre Dame School of Nursing
- Small class sizes with experienced faculty
- Opportunities for international service learning
- The Shaughnessy Center for Nursing Innovation and Education
Graduates of the program demonstrate
- Compassionate care to meet patients’ healthcare needs
- Respect for human dignity in an increasingly pluralistic society
- Leadership within the health care environment
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Future career and academic success
- Calculated GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Personal essay (500 words)
- ACT or SAT scores for 23 yrs. of age and under recommended. Transfer students; see Notre Dame Website for details about course transfer information
Direct Entry requirements:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- ACT composite score of 22 or higher
- Completed a college prep curriculum
Applications for seat in our fall 2024 program to open fall 2023.
There’s a saying – a nurse is not what you do – it is what you are. At Notre Dame College, nursing is a true community for people whose passion is caring through nursing. Our Annual Fall Student Red Carpet “Nursing Celebrates You” brings together pre-nursing and nursing students with alumni and faculty for an evening of bonding and community building.
About the Division
The nursing program at Notre Dame College is a popular choice for aspiring nurses who want to grow not just a career – but also grow as a person. Our program features small class sizes, personalized instruction, extensive clinical experience and more. Notre Dame College teaches ethics to help nurses become extraordinarily caring and healing professionals.
Notre Dame College offers three degree programs covering the continuum of nursing education and professions:
- pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- post-licensure RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing Education.
Notre Dame College nursing facilities include:
- Shaughnessy Center for Nursing Innovation, a state-of-the-art interactive nursing classroom in Regina Hall of the South Euclid campus
- Cleveland Clinic
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
- MetroHealth Medical Center
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
The Notre Dame College Difference: Special Lamplighting Ceremony
Notre Dame College nursing traditionally commemorates its family tradition of educating students in the nursing profession through celebrations midway through the nursing program with a special lamp lighting ceremony for junior nursing students, and at the conclusion of the nursing degree via a traditional pinning ceremony for graduating senior nurses.
Faculty and Curriculum
Our Nursing faculty is committed to the mission of Notre Dame College and believe that all students begin graduate study with a fundamental understanding of the concepts of Person, Environment, Health, and Nursing. The program:
- Respects the uniqueness of each student’s baccalaureate preparation
- Prepares students for personal, professional, and global responsibility.
- Build upon each student’s professional knowledge, skills and abilities; to enhance awareness of the globalization of healthcare and the impact of nursing education to prepare professional practice nurses for 21st century healthcare.
- Prepares students to deepen their knowledge of nursing as they become role models for their students.
- Emphasizes leadership and the analysis of ethical issues that builds upon the theme of personal responsibility.
The Notre Dame College Nursing Division helps our nursing students secure jobs so they can begin their healing vocation immediately upon graduation.
Faculty and staff at Notre Dame College are central to the personal attention and caring heart of our student learning environment; the esteem and accomplishment of our higher education model; and the warmth, collaboration and economic impact of our workplace.
Notre Dame College offers majors in nearly 30 disciplines. Our associate, bachelor and master degrees include outstanding programs in education, business, nursing, and science. Weekend, adult and online classes are also available.
Build Character and Career
Your NDC education can waken and shape your passions, sharpen strengths and lead to a career path that is meaningful and rewarding. Discover your potential at NDC.