About the Program
Become a trained intelligence professional — earn your intelligence studies degree online.
The B.A. in Intelligence Studies from Notre Dame College delivers cutting-edge skills and experience in a curriculum that is 100% focused on intelligence work, so you build core research and analysis skills. You will gain critical hands-on experience using simulation technology in a state-of-the-art situation room located on campus, so you understand not only what to do but exactly how to do it.
The curriculum is constantly updated to align with real-world national security concerns, so you will graduate with the most relevant knowledge and have a competitive advantage interviewing for available positions in the private sector.
Topics of Study
You will complete your B.A. in Intelligence Studies online with a senior research project and internship after you study:
- Competitive Business Intelligence
- Methods of Financial Investigation and Research
- Intelligence and National Security
- Advanced Research and Analysis
- Writing for Intelligence
The faculty for our online bachelor’s degree in intelligence studies are all former or current professionals in the field. They are eager to help you step into this challenging and rewarding industry and provide personal attention through regular advising sessions and individual meetings.
The program is designed for outstanding students to begin studying for an advanced degree during their bachelor’s program. You can apply in your senior year to our Master of Arts in National Security and Intelligence Studies (NSIS). Students who qualify can also start coursework for the NSIS program in their senior year to save time and money while pursuing a graduate degree.*
Earning your intelligence studies degree online means you can learn in the times and locations that are best for you.
*Students wishing to begin the M.A. in NSIS graduate program in their senior year must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA. If students apply after receiving their B.A., the GPA requirement is 3.0 or higher.
Complete your intelligence studies degree online at Notre Dame College and be ready on day one of your new position to:
- Write and deliver oral reports consistent with the expectations of the intelligence community.
- Identify, describe and discuss the intelligence cycle and the intelligence process knowledgeably.
- Recognize the various federal agencies that make up the national intelligence community and discuss their respective missions.
- Identify professional ethics and how they apply to the intelligence profession.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in diverse groups.
- Demonstrate intelligence skills, abilities and knowledge in a non-academic setting through an internship.
- Evaluate intelligence issues or challenges.
- Appraise contemporary or emerging threats, challenges or issues pertaining to national security, homeland security, regional or international security, law enforcement or business.
This Program Is Designed for:
- Students who wish to start or advance their careers through a flexible education format.
- Those who have a commitment to service and want to serve their fellow man.
- People who like solving puzzles and mysteries, can deal with complex issues and are interested in current events and worldly affairs.
- Current police officers who are looking for an accelerated path* towards career advancement.