An advisor should act as a guide for their students. These responsibilities will help ensure that you are effective and helpful as an advisor.
- Provide advisees with accurate information regarding academics, registration, policies and procedures.
- Offer guidance to students when selecting classes for their schedule. Make sure your advisees are selecting courses that will be valuable to them.
- Monitor advisees’ academic performance throughout the semester.
- Refer students to the appropriate resource/office if they need additional assistance.
- Offer constructive advice to students.