LEARN WHO YOU ARE. . . YOUR VALUES, INTERESTS, AND SKILLS.
When it comes to choosing a major or making a career decision you may feel a bit anxious but hopeful. The first step is knowing that you need to make a choice which is a unique experience for everyone.
So to begin the process, let’s explore:
- What’s important to you – your values
- What interests you – what activities are you drawn to
- What things you do well – your skills and abilities
For more career exploration, use O*NET OnLine, a web-based application that allows you to explore the world of work. O*NET provides important occupational information that can help you:
- find occupations to explore and read about educational requirements, job duties, and abilities and pay (both national and state wages)
- search for occupations or careers based on your values, interests and skills
Finally, make an appointment with the Career Services Center staff- we can help interpret all this stuff and help you develop a career action plan.