The Internship & Cooperative Education Program at Notre Dame College allows you to gain real world experience while earning your degree. This work experience will give you a competitive edge over other college graduates when you begin searching for your first job after college. The Co-op/internship must be in an area that relates to your academic studies in your major field.
By completing a Co-op/internship prior to graduation, you will be able to show prospective employers that you have actual work experience in your field. Additionally, a Co-op/Internship often times helps you to decide the area(s) you want to pursue within your chosen field of study, or whether to change your focus to another area of study.
Finally, the Co-op/internship gives you experience in interviewing and possible networking for a permanent position after graduation. The Co-op/Internship program at Notre Dame College is a “win-win” situation for you. Although it is mandatory for all Bachelor of Arts degree candidates, all students are encouraged to participate in the program.
All students who intend to register for an internship or co-op must attend an orientation FIRST.
Spring 2013 Orientation Sessions:
For all questions related to this program, please contact Internship/Co-op Coordinator, Meghann Sullivan at 216.373.6453 or email@example.com. The office for Cooperative Education is located in the Career Services Center across from the dining hall in the Connelly Center.
All students who intend to register for internship/co-op credit hours must attend the mandatory Internship/Co-op Orientation. Any student who does not attend this orientation will not be permitted to register for internship/co-op credit hours.
- Internship/Co-op Agreement Form (PDF File, 292.85KB)
Agreement Form Directions:
- The Agreement Form may be filled out online and sent to your faculty advisor via email for his/her approval. To sign the document electronically, put “/s/” and then type your name.
- Make sure you include all required attachments when this is sent to your faculty advisor and the Internship/Co-op Coordinator, Meghann Sullivan. Failure to include all required information and attachments will delay the approval of your internship/co-op.
- Remember that you must also present a copy of your completed and signed Agreement Form in order to register for internship/co-op credit hours at Student Services. Approval for your internship/co-op is separate from course registration.
- Internship/ Co-op Program Student Guide (PDF File, 450KB)
- Internship/Co-op Program Faculty Guide (PDF File, 620KB)