The Internship Program at Notre Dame College will:
Although the Internship Program is mandatory for all Bachelor of Arts degree candidates, all Notre Dame College students are encouraged to participate in the program.
All students who intend to register for an internship must attend an orientation FIRST.
For all questions related to this program, please contact Internship Coordinator, Jennifer Lowery at 216.373.6453 or email@example.com. The office for Cooperative Education is located in the Career Services Center across from the dining hall in the Connelly Center.
All students who intend to register for internship credit hours must attend the mandatory Internship Orientation. Any student who does not attend this orientation will not be permitted to register for internship credit hours. There are 2 remaining Orientations for the spring semester: Thursday, April 24th from 3-3:45 pm in Admin Room 230 and Friday, May 2nd from 11:45-12:30 in Admin Room 232. Please sign up through College Central if you wish to attend. www.collegecentral.com/NotreDameCollege
- Internship Agreement Form (PDF File, 573KB)
Agreement Form Directions:
- The Agreement Form may be filled out online and sent to your faculty advisor via email for his/her approval. To sign the document electronically, put “/s/” and then type your name.
- Make sure you include all required attachments when this is sent to your faculty advisor and the Internship Coordinator, Jennifer Lowery. Failure to include all required information and attachments will delay the approval of your internship.
- Internship Approval Checklist
- Remember that you must also present a copy of your completed and signed Agreement Form in order to register for internship credit hours at Student Services. Approval for your internship is separate from course registration. The deadline to register your summer semester internship is June 27, 2014 and October 17, 2014 to register for a fall internship.
- Internship Program Student Guide (PDF File, 250KB)
- Internship Program Faculty Guide (PDF File, 620KB)
In order to document the hours worked as well as your progress with your internship, you will complete an Internship Progress Update every two weeks through Moodle during your experience. You are no longer required to complete and submit journals during your internship experience. However, you are encouraged to keep a basic log of your activities to assist you when writing your final reflection paper.
Progress Log Template
You may want to keep a brief log during your internship experience to assist you in writing your final reflection paper. Remembering what you did, the training or orientation process or the projects that you developed in the early stages of your internship may be difficult. Please use the following template to outline your bi-weekly experiences. You may want to note the following:
- what you’re learning and experiencing (observations, accomplishments)
- how it relates to what you’ve learned in the classroom at NDC
- how it relates to your learning goals
- other areas you might like to investigate further
- any challenges faced or mistakes made and how you corrected them
- personal thoughts and conclusions about your experience
- Progress Update and Progress Log Template