LEARN WHO YOU ARE. . . YOUR VALUES, INTERESTS, AND SKILLS.
When it comes to choosing a major or making a career decision you may feel a bit anxious but hopeful. The first step is knowing that you need to make a choice which is a unique experience for everyone.
So to begin the process, let’s explore:
- What’s important to you – your values
- What interests you – what activities are you drawn to
- What things you do well – your skills and abilities
Welcome to FOCUS 2, Notre Dame College’s online career and education planning system. This self-paced tool will help you select or change your major, clarify your career goals, and provide you with valuable occupational information that are most compatible with your personal assessment results. To get started on FOCUS:
First time users: Create an account and use the following access code when prompted: Falcons
Returning users: Log in if you already have an existing account
After you complete the work interest, skills, personality and values self-assessments, make an appointment with Kim Lane to review your results at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more career exploration, use O*NET OnLine, a web-based application that allows you to explore the world of work. O*NET provides important occupational information that can help you:
- find occupations to explore and read about educational requirements, job duties, and abilities and pay (both national and state wages)
- search for occupations or careers based on your values, interests and skills
Finally, make an appointment with the Career Services Center staff- we can help interpret all this stuff and help you develop a career action plan.