The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) allows students to apply for federal grants, loans, and work-study funds. Check out this video for information about the FAFSA and the resources available to help fill out this important application. Visit http://StudentAid.gov/FAFSA to learn more.
Be sure to include Notre Dame College’s Federal School Code Number 003085 to ensure that Notre Dame will electronically receive the results of your application.
- For a detailed tutorial on completing each step of the FAFSA, click HERE.
- Learn how to transfer your tax information from the IRS to your FAFSA at IRS Data Retrieval Tool online tutorial.
- Students can log in to My NDC under the Financial Aid tab to check if the FAFSA has been received by the college and if any further documentation is required.
What happens next?
Check out this video to learn what to expect after completing the FAFSA. For more information, visit http://StudentAid.gov/FAFSA.
- Verification: Some applicants are selected for a federal process called “Verification.” If selected, you must transfer your federal tax information electronically to your FAFSA (using the IRS Data Transfer process available to you when completing or correcting your FAFSA) or provide federal tax transcript(s) and additional documents to the Notre Dame College Financial Aid Office. Check My NDC (under the Financial Aid tab) to see if you are missing verification documents.
- Financial Aid Award Letter: Your financial aid award letter will be available for you to view on My NDC once your file is complete. The award letter states types and amounts of aid for which you qualify at Notre Dame College. New students will also receive award letters by mail; returning students will receive an e-mail to their NDC e-mail account when awards are available to view on My NDC.
- Special Circumstances: If there are special circumstances that may affect your family’s ability to pay for college you may complete a Special Circumstance Form. Please be aware that the completion of the form does not ensure a change in your eligibility.
- Financial Aid for summer: Complete an electronic Enrollment Plan Form/Summer Aid Application (which can be found on My NDC under the Financial Aid tab). You are required to review Summer Financial Aid Terms and Conditions.