- Effectively demonstrate performance excellence in a college-based ensemble and individually through private instruction and solo performance. Assessed by rehearsal attendance and participation, concert/production/recital performance, and post-performance discussions.
- Understand and apply terminology, technique, and notation accurately to describe styles and performances and to critique performances. Assessed by rehearsals, in-class discussions, and individual auditions/evaluations.
- Evaluate and appreciate different modes of creativity and innovation in relations the business and entrepreneurial approach to arts management. Assessed by senior recital/project business and operational plan, internship weekly planning log and self-reflection, and in-class discussions.
- Must participate in a Notre Dame College based Music Performing Arts Ensemble during each semester of attendance.
- The senior recital/project is the capstone and includes private lessons. Theatre students are required to take 2 semesters of private voice or vocal ensemble.
- Alternative approval for this requirement can be reviewed by the Executive Director of Performing Arts.