Students in Human Resources Development are prepared to work effectively as professionals whose focus is helping organizations maximize the investment made in employees. The Notre Dame graduate will possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and understand the Human Resource professional’s role in working with the organization’s management team and be able to carry out the functions of job analysis and design, recruitment, selection, orientation, performance appraisal and compensation.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students majoring in Human Resources Development will be able to:
- Organize, analyze, summarize and communicate information in order to solve abstract problems and formulate recommendations.
- Identify and apply leadership skills to employee-management situations and work teams.
- Condense complex business issues into coherent written statements and oral presentations.
- Recognize and analyze ethical issues and develop appropriate resolutions for situations that occur in personal and business environments.
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, cultural, ethical, legal and regulatory contexts of business, both domestically and globally.