Introducing TRIO Student Support Services at Notre Dame College
First generation students, income-eligible students, and students with documented disabilities can apply to become a TRIO scholar and receive exclusive support services and community benefits.
The TRIO Student Support Services Program (SSS) at Notre Dame College is committed to increasing retention and graduation rates of TRIO Scholars. TRIO empowers our scholars to achieve their academic and personal goals by providing holistic and individualized support services.
TRIO’s Purpose Is To ...
- Provide opportunities for academic development
- Assist students with basic college requirements and navigation
- Motivate students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education
SSS is one of eight Federal TRIO Programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to increase college retention and graduation rates. The funding helps students achieve their college requirements, assists in academic development and motivates them to persist through challenges to complete their postsecondary education. Notre Dame College’s $1.3 million TRIO grant will build upon the work of two of our existing programs, FirstGen and the Academic Support Center for Students with Learning Differences. As one of only three private colleges in Ohio to receive an SSS grant, Notre Dame is honored to provide this increased support to our students.
How We Help …
Student Support Services for TRIO Scholars aim to address the whole student, providing support for both personal and academic ambitions.
Services Available To TRIO Scholars Include ...
- Academic Tutoring & Peer Mentoring
- Exclusive Computer Lab Access and Printing
- Scholar’s Lounge
- Academic Advising
- Educational & Financial Literacy Workshops
- FAFSA Advising
- Career & Professional Development
- Cultural & Social Enrichment Activities
- Leadership Opportunities (Emerging Leaders)
- Summer Programming
- National Network/Alumni Association
Who Is Eligible?
First-Generation College Student
Income-Eligible College Student
College Student With A Documented Disability
Application ... How To Apply
The TRIO Application Process Is Simple.
- Complete and submit a brief application and eligibility form, including supporting documents.
- Wait as your application is reviewed for completion and eligibility.
- If eligible, participate in an intake process to determine fit and inclusion.
- Enroll as a TRIO Scholar!