Orientation and Welcome Week Leaders
We welcome enthusiastic, current Notre Dame College students to serve as Orientation and/or Welcome Week Leaders. We need YOU to mentor incoming students and introduce them to NDC. Please read the qualifications and descriptions of the positions below, as well as information about applying.
If you feel you meet the qualifications and time commitment, we encourage you to apply as both an Orientation Leader and Welcome Week Leader. Approximately 25 Orientation Leaders will be hired and 40 Welcome Week Leaders will be hired (you may be hired for both positions).
Qualifications for Orientation Leaders and Welcome Week Leaders:
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for NDC
- Good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Good disciplinary standing
- Leadership potential, professional demeanor, flexibility, and willingness to take initiative
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Attitude of service and willingness to assist incoming students
New Student Orientation Program Overview:
Orientation is designed to help entering students and their families acclimate to Notre Dame College. The goals of Orientation are:
- To introduce entering undergraduate students to the opportunities and responsibilities of academic life at the College.
- To integrate entering students into student life at the College by connecting them to other students, faculty, and administrators.
- To help students learn how to maintain their personal health, wellness, and success by introducing them to the College’s resources.
- To solidify the fact that Notre Dame College is the perfect choice for the entering students.
New Student Orientation dates:
- Wednesday, May 20 (first-time freshmen students)
- Friday, June 12 (first-time freshmen students)
- Saturday, July 11 (first-time freshmen students)
- Friday, August 7 (transfer students)
- Thursday, August 27 (first-time freshmen and transfer students)
Paid at a higher hourly wage.
Welcome Week Program Overview:
Welcome Week staff members are a select group of current NDC students who help new students transition from high school to college (or from another institution) and are required to be dedicated to guiding new students through this process.
Welcome Week staff members are expected to facilitate positive interactions during the week/weekend before classes begin, and serve as a friend and mentor. The staff will be responsible for communicating and upholding all NDC policies. Welcome Week staff members will participate and assist with the organization, planning, and implementation of all Welcome Week activities.
Training for Welcome Week will begin Friday, August 21, 2020 until Tuesday, August 25, 2020. Welcome Week itself is Thursday, August 27, 2020 – Sunday, August 30, 2020. You may not have any other work obligations during that week.
Paid at a higher hourly wage.
Peer Mentorship Program:
Orientation and Welcome Week Leaders may be assigned to 10-15 new students to provide mentorship in their first semester at NDC.
Questions about the Orientation and Welcome Week Leadership Program can be addressed to Mandy Means. See below for the link to the application.