Resources and Services
Professional Organizations for Nursing Graduate Students: Educator Resources
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- AACN Graduate Nursing Student Academy GNSA
- Association for Prevention, Teaching and Research
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education CCNE
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- National League for Nursing
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
- Protecting Human Research Participants
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
- NLN Teaching Resources
- NLN Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC)
- NLN Educator competencies
- International Council of Nurses Education Network
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- US DHHS; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHQR)
- As an NDC student, you have online access to a variety of internet databases that will make your studying, research, and project completion much easier. Databases are listed A-Z and can be chosen based upon the specific topic you wish to find scholarly articles about; for a multidisciplinary search, use Academic Search Complete. If you have difficulty using the database system, contact the Clara Fritzsche Library at 216-373-5267.
- NDC has access to a handful of popular eJournals; consider them as a valuable source in any research you do throughout your course of study.
The Writing Lab @ Notre Dame College
Offering writing support for all students taking graduate-level coursework, Graduate Writing Tutor Abby Clinton is available through email to work with graduate students at any point in the writing process, from pre-writing through revision. Abby provides quick feedback to graduate students, regardless of discipline or subject. Abby is a 2019 Notre Dame College graduate and Writing lab alumna with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Public Relations and is currently pursuing her post-baccalaureate licensure for teaching grades 7-12. Abby can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing and Grammar Resources
- Clara Fritzsche Library Services for Online Students
- Essential Resources for ESL Students
- Grammar Girl
- HippoCampus – Writing Videos
- IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) – Writing Webinars
- Paradigm Writing Assistant
- University of Wisconsin – Writing Center
- Writing Rescue Guide for College Students
The Dwyer Learning Center
The Dwyer Learning Center provides free educational support to all Notre Dame students to help them achieve academic success. The center provides tutoring by the director, adjunct English faculty, graduate assistants and peer tutors. The assistance provided by the Dwyer Learning Center can help students develop study skills, prepare for exams, and provide review of homework assignments.
The center is located on the second floor of the Administration building in room 202. It is open each day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Stop in or call 216.373.5359. Details are available online.
For more career exploration, use O*NET OnLine, a web-based application that allows you to explore the world of work. O*NET provides important occupational information that can help you:
- Find occupations to explore and read about educational requirements, job duties and abilities and pay (both national and state wages).
- Search for occupations or careers based on your values, interests and skills.
Finally, make an appointment with the Career Services staff at email@example.com . They can help interpret your results and develop a career action plan.
Job Preparation and Assistance
Looking for a job after graduation or for an internship is not high on anyone’s list of things they look forward to. Job hunting takes time, courage and persistence. Career Services can assist with many steps involved in the job search process including:
- Creating a professional resume and cover letter to help you land a job interview.
- Responding to questions during a job interview so you may obtain a job offer.
- Uncovering job openings and connecting with people.
Contact us to schedule a resume review or mock interview to practice your interviewing skills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the internship program is not mandatory for all students, all Notre Dame College students are encouraged to participate in the program. For all questions related to this program, please contact Career Services at email@example.com .
Comprehensive review of Resume/LinkedIn/Web Portfolio is also available.
- Notre Dame Counseling Center
- Make an appointment
- If you live near campus and would like to meet with a counselor, fill out the form using the link above and a member of the NDC Counseling Center staff will reach out to you to schedule an appointment. If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911, your local police department, or go directly to an emergency room.
- Veterans Post 9/11 GI Bill
- As a veteran you have access to benefits to help you further your education. Depending on your length of service, you may be eligible for anywhere from 40-100% tuition, housing, and supplies benefits. To learn more about your specific benefits from the VA, visit http://gibill.va.gov/.
- Yellow Ribbon Project
- If you are at the 100% benefit level under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, you qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Project. The Yellow Ribbon Project is designed to fill the gap between VA benefits and any remaining cost of tuition. After your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits are approved NDC will waive 50% of the remaining tuition costs.
- If you are dealing with combat related stress or PTSD, please consider reading this Combat Stress and Depression pdf at or call the Veteran’s Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255.
General and Local Resources and Services
- Online Degree Audit
In order to help you stay on track as you progress to graduation, NDC has launched an online degree audit system on MyNDC:
- You must login to MyNDC with your NDC username and password
- Select the Academics tab located on the blue banner
- Scroll down to My Degree Progress
- Select View All Details
- NDC Academic Calendar
- CashNet (payment system)
- Financial Aid
- Request Transcripts
This link will take you to the Notre Dame College transcript web page on the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- Student Accounts
- Online Bookstore