February 24 – March 31, 2015:
…sailing down the stream of life
This exhibit of the late artist’s paintings is curated by his daughter, April Firstencel, a Cleveland-area resident.
Besides working in various design capacities for General Electric in New York State for over 25 years, Firstencel was also stage designer for Syracuse Musical Drama Company and Cazenovia Players.
Opening reception cancelled due to inclement weather;
a closing reception will be held in the library:
Thursday, March 26, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Refreshments will be served.
All library exhibits are free and open to the public.
Book-A-Year Club Gallery
Clara Fritzsche Library
The Book-A-Year Club Gallery, established in 1998, serves as an exhibit space for the Clara Fritzsche Library. Gallery exhibitions are booked and promoted by the Library Director. It is the mission of the gallery to:
- Provide a stimulating, intellectual environment for library patrons.
- Promote the college by highlighting its programs and faculty.
- Support the mission of the college.
- Promote Notre Dame College’s Tolerance Resource Center and Eastern Church Resource Center, also housed in the library.
- Increase the visibility of Notre Dame College.
- Reach out to the local community by providing exhibits of interest to the general public and providing exposure to local artists.