Celebrating 100 Years
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Notre Dame College Beyond 100
Join us in celebration of 100 years of educational excellence!
Check out what’s on the calendar below, and see you there!
Centennial Opening Celebration
September 18, 2022 | 1 – 4 p.m.
Administration Building Lawn
Why September 18th? On September 18th, 1922, Notre Dame College opened its doors to 13 women and 11 novices.
The daylong ceremony is free and open to the public. Reservations are not required.
Additional programs through September 2023 will be announced in the coming days.
Join Us For:
- The 100th Birthday Party for Notre Dame College and the community, featuring food, music, children’s activities and more!
- Distinguished Notre Dame faculty 20-minute mini-lectures:
- Sr. Karita Ivancic, SND, D.Min., a 1971 graduate of Notre Dame College and retiring associate professor of theology, will present “What It Means to Be a Good Person”
- Louise Prochaska, Ph.D., a 1964 graduate of Notre Dame and professor emerita of theology and women’s studies, provides “20 Minutes to Authentic Happiness”
- Sr. Eileen Quinlan, SND, Ph.D., a 1974 graduate of Notre Dame and professor emerita of English, discusses “The History of Notre Dame College and the Sisters of Notre Dame”
- Roz Scheer-McLeod, M.A., associate professor of health sciences, and Mary Lou Currivan, M.A., retired associate dean of academic programs, share their stories and encourage others to offer their memories in “Reminisce with Roz and Mary Lou”
- A ceremonial opening of a time capsule from the College’s 75th anniversary
- Designation of the College Administration Building as a historic landmark in the City of South Euclid (The building already has been designated a National Historic Landmark.)
- Walking tours of the campus and the Administration Building
- Feathers, Fur and Scale Lake MetroParks FarmParks show from 2-3 p.m.
- Watercolor kits from the Cleveland Museum of Art
- Live performance from Billy Likes Soda, a Cleveland-area genre- and decade-spanning pop cover band
- Falcon athletics throughout the day:
- Volleyball vs. D’Youville University, Buffalo, N.Y., 11 a.m., Keller Center
- Men’s soccer vs. Frostburg State University of Maryland, 1 p.m., Mueller Field
- Women’s soccer vs. Frostburg State University of Maryland, 4 p.m. Mueller Field
Centennial Day of Service
Saturday, September 24
9:30am – 12:30pm
As part of the College’s Centennial celebrations, we are organizing groups of students, alumni, and employees to serve at several local organizations. We are looking for site leaders who can be in charge of a group of volunteers (with another fac/staff member). You will be given all the information you need! Please also plan to encourage participation of students from your classes, teams, clubs, etc. A sign-up for all participants will be provided once the semester begins. Please contact Anita Hooley Yoder (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can serve as a site leader or have questions about the event.
Monday, September 26 – Friday, September 30, 2022
Homecoming and Alumni Reunion
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Centennial 5K Run/Walk
Fidelia Award Dinner
November 10, 2022
Student Thanksgiving Dinner
November 10, 2022
Abrahamic Distinguished Lecture
November 17, 2022
Campus Christmas Tree Lighting and Candlelight Concert
December 2, 2022
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit
Centennial Kaleidoscope 2.0
April 21, 2023
Centennial Alumni Luncheon
Saturday, April 22, 2023
Centennial Gala Dinner
Thursday, September 14, 2023
Centennial Closing Ceremony
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
SUPPORT OUR CENTENNIAL
Give to Notre Dame College this milestone year. Your gift supports the next generation of students and cements the legacy of Notre Dame College in Northeast Ohio.