2019–2020 Verification Worksheets
- If you are a DEPENDENT student, please select the 2019–2020 Dependent Verification Worksheet V1.
- If you are an INDEPENDENT studetn, please select the 2019–2020 Independent Verification Worksheet V1.
- IRS Form 4506-T (To request a Verification of Non-Filing letter or a Wage and Income statement, if W-2 is unavailable.)
Updated Rules from the Department of Education:
Beginning January 2019, a signed copy of your tax return is considered to be acceptable documentation to complete verification. Students and parents may submit tax documentation in ONE of the following ways:
- Log on to your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov to make corrections. Go to the “Financial Information” tab to link to the IRS. After transferring tax information to the FAFSA, make sure to submit your corrections.
- Submit signed copy(s) of federal tax return(s).
- Request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” (NOT the “Tax Account Transcript”) online at IRS.gov. Click on the link to “Get My Tax Record.” You may also call the IRS at 800-829-1040 or 800-908-9946. (Include student name/ID on transcript.)
- If the tax filer has an amended federal tax return, transfer original tax information using the DRT and submit a signed copy of the 1040X (amended return), or submit a signed copy of the original tax return and a signed copy of the 1040X (amended return).