Saturday, May 5
Students must be present for line-up at 5:15 P.M.
Graduate students can direct questions about graduation to Tabitha Meeks.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION:
Graduate students who have fulfilled all of the academic requirements for graduation and/or have been cleared by the Office of the Registrar are invited to participate in Notre Dame College’s Commencement ceremony. In order to graduate, you must have completed the courses of your program and the capstone (National Security and Intelligence Studies or Nursing) or your research project (Education). In addition, you must have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
Graduate candidates in the Masters of Professional Education who will complete the course requirements and action research project by December 2019 are invited to participate in the May ceremony. However, you will not receive your diplomas until all requirements are met.
Students who have fulfilled all of their academic requirements for graduation will receive their diploma in the mail 4-6 weeks after Commencement. Any student who is designated as a “walker” must complete all of their academic requirements before they can graduate. The college confers degrees at the end of each semester: Spring, Summer, and Fall. The semester in which a “walker” completes their remaining graduation requirements will determine their graduation date.
Office of Student Accounts and Financial Aid
(216) 373-5213 – Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Please check with Student Accounts Receivable and the Library to ensure that all financial obligations are cleared. Payment of any balance is required in order to receive your diploma and order official transcripts. Diplomas will be mailed out 4-6 weeks after Commencement. Once a student has paid off their balance, they can request their diploma and/or official transcripts.
Exit counseling for federal Direct loan (subsidized and unsubsidized Direct loans) can be completed at www.studentloans.gov. Exit counseling for Perkins loan should be completed at https://www.uaservice.com/BorrowerStudent/Complete_Exit_Interview.html. TEACH exit counseling should be completed at www.nslds.ed.gov. The exit loan counseling process must be completed by April 30, 2019.
The Career Services Center would like to know your post-graduation plans whether it is employment, graduate/professional school, military service, etc. Please complete the brief online First Destination 2017 Survey accessible on the Career Services Center website at www.notredamecollege.edu/careers.
The link will be available end of March/early April.
PURCHASE OF ACADEMIC REGALIA:
- Education candidates attending the Graduate Research Presentation on Sunday, April 14 can purchase and receive academic regalia at this event.
- Required academic regalia (cap, gown, tassel, hood, plus tax): $69.00. (Cash, Check, Major Credit Cards accepted)
- NOTE – Candidates will receive cap, gown, and tassel at point of purchase.
- Candidates will receive the academic hood at the commencement ceremony
- Education candidates not attending the Graduate Research Presentation, National Security and Intelligence Studies, and Nursing candidates should order academic regalia directly from Jostens for home delivery. http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1160743/Notre-Dame-College/
- NOTE – Candidates will be shipped cap, gown, and tassel at point of purchase.
- Candidates will receive the academic hood at the commencement ceremony.
- Questions? Contact Kristin Butterfield – email@example.com or (216)373-5179
Business attire is preferred.
If you or your guests require accommodations due to a disability, health, or mobility issue, please contact Tabitha Meeks in the Office of Academic Affairs no later than Friday, April 19. You can reach Tabitha by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (216) 373-6393.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
A professional photographer from Jim Venditti Photography Inc. will take a picture of each graduate receiving his or her diploma during May commencement ceremonies. For more information, contact Venditti Photography at 440.232.7575.
GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS AND CLASS RINGS
Graduation announcements and class rings are optional and can be ordered online through Jostens: http://www.jostens.com/apps/catalog/college/customer/1160743/Notre-Dame-College/
Notre Dame-designed diploma frames are available online through University Frames: http://notredame.universityframes.com