Students completing a major in Sport Management are prepared to function as professionals in the field. Students will develop strengths in specific fields involving the management of sports. They will be prepared for graduate study or employment in sport management, sports facilities management, sports information or sports marketing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students majoring in Sport Management will be able to:
- Effectively apply a variety of oral and written business and professional communications styles.
- Develop and use critical thinking models in order to analyze and solve problems in the sport industry.
- Identify ethical dilemmas within the sport industry and display the conviction to act responsibly to one’s self, organization, and to the end users.
- Effectively apply technology to analyze and interpret data and understand its power within the sport industry.
- Work effectively in teams and appreciate and promote individual differences in all dimensions of diversity including ethnicity, gender, age, physical and abilities, sexual orientation, race, and religion.
In addition each student is encouraged to complete one or more minors in specific, related interest areas. Typical minors include Coaching, Communications, Management, Marketing and Psychology.