ENTREPRENEURSHIP CO-MAJOR *
Upon completion of the Entrepreneurship co-major, graduates will have the abilities to start and grow new business ventures, and/or become a force for innovation and growth within existing businesses and other organizations
The Entrepreneurship co-major is designed to be a *second major only. No specific degree is designated for this co-major. *Students must have a declared primary major, which results in a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree. Additionally, the Entrepreneurship Co-major will only be awarded if the primary major requirements are met. Students must be concurrently enrolled in and must complete another major at Notre Dame College. The program complements majors in all of NDC’s academic divisions and promotes the applications of entrepreneurial concepts in support of each student’s passion, regardless of major. The co-major provides a framework for understanding entrepreneurship from a variety of disciplines and application of entrepreneurial skill sets to meet societal and workplace demands.
Student Learning Outcomes Students completing the co-major in Entrepreneurship will be able to:
- Describe the role of entrepreneurship (startup, corporate and social) in the contemporary global business environment
- Identify viable entrepreneurial opportunities that create economic and social value in an ethical manner
- Work collaboratively in entrepreneurial contexts
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and in speech, about themselves and their ideas
- Construct a comprehensive business plan and identify the appropriate resources to pursue it
Requirements: Students must have a declared primary major, which results in a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.