Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Post-licensure RN to BSN
The RN to BSN program recognizes the diversity of academic and clinical practice experience that students bring to the learning environment as they prepare to advance the breadth and depth of their knowledge base for professional nursing practice. The Nursing curriculum builds on the strength of the liberal arts and humanities that are the foundation for professional nursing practice. These disciplinary perspectives contribute to the holistic development of our graduates and support the personal as well as the professional development of the student.
Pursuing a bachelor degree in nursing:
- Enhances your capacity for career advancement
- Prepares you to serve as an effective leader
- Enhances your ability to improve patient outcomes
- Culminates in a capstone course to influence professional practice
- Is a foundation for graduate study
- Begin program in any of six 8- week sessions per calendar year
- Course materials are available 24/7 to support the working adult student
- Collaborative learning in a supportive online environment
- Taught by experienced clinicians and educators
Graduates of the BSN Program will:
- Synthesize concepts and theories from the liberal arts, sciences and the discipline of nursing to promote the health and well-being of individuals, groups, communities and populations.
- Communicate effectively using oral, written and other forms of information technology.
- Demonstrate competence in technological skills used in professional nursing practice.
- Apply critical thinking to evaluate alternatives and make decisions that effect the health and well-being of self and others.
- Integrate personal and professional values to practice within the legal and ethical standards of the profession.
- Respect human diversity in the provision of health care to populations of different gender, socioeconomic, religious or cultural traditions.
- Demonstrate leadership and management in the delivery of health care within complex adaptive systems.
- Support a commitment to lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
- Use evidence-based practice in the provision of health care services for individuals, groups, communities and populations in a variety of settings.
- Participate in political processes that influence the economic, legal and social direction of health care policies.
The Registered Nurse seeking to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will meet degree requirements in two ways; through course transfer credit and completing courses taken to satisfy remaining credit hour requirements. All previous course work will be evaluated and applied toward degree requirements where applicable. The Nursing course requirements build upon the general education and core course requirements to meet the 128 credit hour requirement of the bachelor degree. Students are awarded block credit for completion of prior nursing courses of 30-34 credits depending on credits completed in the pre-licensure Associate Degree or Diploma program.
Upper Division Nursing Course Requirements
NR 300* Professional Transitions 3cr
NR 305* Health Promotion & Education 3cr
NR 310* Evidence-Based Practice 3cr
NR 391* Special Topics: Nursing Informatics 3cr
NR 410* Health Care Policy in Complex Adaptive Systems 3cr
NR 425* Community & Population Nursing Practice 3cr
NR 455* Gerontological Nursing 3cr
NR 460* Healthcare Leadership & Management 3cr
NR 464* RN-BSN Capstone Practicum 5cr
*Must be taken at NDC
The Admission Committee of the Notre Dame College Division of Nursing is looking for Registered Nurses interested in advancing their nursing careers to the next educational and professional level. Complete online application for admission to Notre Dame College
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing – program must be accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Verification of an active RN license in the state of residence
- Completion of prerequisite and support courses with a grade of C or higher
- Provide official transcripts from all college-level coursework
How To Apply
- Complete our free online application
- Send all official transcripts
- Complete an interview with your admissions adviser.