The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocol recommends a person seek medical care immediately if they develop a mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees
- Shortness of breath
- Other considerations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf
As always, the best remedy is to be prepared in advance:
- Avoid close contact with people who show any symptoms;
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then immediately dispose of it in the trash;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched areas and surfaces, such as phones and television remotes;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; and
- Stay home when you are sick. Isolate yourself and get appropriate medical care.
Medical facilities nearby the Notre Dame campus include:
- Sender’s Pediatrics is across from campus on Green Road.
- Beachwood Family Health Center is a part of the Cleveland Clinic and is near Beachwood Mall.
- UH Suburban is a part of University Hospitals and is down Green Road before Mayfield Road.
- Family Urgent Care is on Mayfield Road just east of Richmond Road.