One of the Richest Learning Experiences
I firmly believe that one of the richest learning experiences for our students, regardless of their course of study, is to be gained through an internship with an entrepreneurial venture.
Students are exposed to all facets of an enterprise in a very significant and tangible way, teaching them the entrepreneurial thinking and problem-solving skills needed to succeed in their chosen careers after graduation.
The focus of the EDC@NDC is to help our students prepare for life after Notre Dame by providing real-world, hands-on learning opportunities for students to develop the skills needed to position themselves for future career successes.
In the process, the students will develop the 21st century skills they will need to help make a successful transition from college to career.
The development of entrepreneurial skills in students who then get engaged in relevant, business enterprises is a direct result of the liberal arts education we provide here at Notre Dame College.
Students with creative minds who have learned to think critically and communicate effectively with others from all walks of life are well-prepared to be the innovation leaders of the future. This program will further ensure that our graduates will continue to be among the best and brightest in their field.
—Thomas G. Kruczek, President, Notre Dame College
About the President
Prior to joining Notre Dame, Kruczek served as:
- Dean of the College of Business and Management at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Executive director of the Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship at the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
- Executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurship in the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla.
His scholarship interests include:
- Lecturing on entrepreneurship, innovations and start-up ventures
- Assisting and teaching disabled and women military veterans through the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities and Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship Programs
Kruczek’s business acumen highlights:
- CEO and owner of Sun-Tek Industries, a privately-held manufacturing business
- Founding partner of Steve Baker and Associates, a consulting firm
- A variety of positions with The Walt Disney Company in both the financial planning and marketing areas