Notre Dame College has formed a reaffirmation of accreditation steering committee that will oversee the efforts of several work groups to complete the Comprehensive Evaluation/Assurance Review. The roles and responsibilities of the steering committee and work groups are described below.
The Steering Committee includes individuals representing key campus units and groups. The committee’s primary role is to oversee and guide the comprehensive evaluation/assurance review.
Accreditation Liaison Officer
The Accreditation Liaison Coordinator is responsible for organizing and promoting the comprehensive evaluation/assurance review.
Criterion Work Groups
Work groups are formed for each of the five HLC criteria. Each work group is chaired by a member of the accreditation steering committee. The task of each criterion work group is to document evidence for the assigned criterion as well as write the argument or claim that Notre Dame either meets the particular criteria and each of its sub-components or where there are shortcomings.
Federal Compliance Work Group
Work group members will be asked to evaluate the university’s compliance with federal guidelines and provide brief narrative responses and supporting documentation where necessary.
Communications Support Team
Team members will assist Leadership Team with all communications related to comprehensive evaluation/assurance review (reaffirmation website updates, Notre Dame Today, social media, etc.).
Site Visit Planning Team
Team members will make all arrangements for peer review site visit (hotel accommodations, restaurant reservations, access to a workroom on campus during stay, on-campus meetings schedule with various constituents for per review team)
Year 2015 – 2016
- Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) Identified
- Access to Assurance System
- ALO reviewed Notre Dame’s previous accreditation reports and reports from similar institutions
- Steering Committee members identified
- ALO created draft accreditation plan
- First Steering Committee meeting (intro to process, criteria, draft accreditation plan)
- Criterion chairs selected
- Criterion team members identified
- Approved accreditation plan submitted to HLC liaison
- Notre Dame website developed for Open Pathways reaffirmation of accreditation – regularly updated with information about the process – intro of process to the campus community
September 2015 – Febru 2016
- Criterion teams begin to work on assurance arguments using criterion matrix – identify evidence and develop drafts
- Steering Committee reviews draft reports from criterion teams; provide feedback
- Representatives go to HLC annual meeting in Chicago
- Criterion teams complete review and analysis of criteria, produce final drafts of assurance argument claims
- Criterion work team chairs finalize drafts of assurance review and submit to ALO
July 2016 – September 2016
- Assurance argument edited and reviewed by steering committee; evidence file reviewed and finalized
- Quality Initiative report submitted to HLC
October – November 2016
- Campus reviews assurance argument and provides comments
- Steering committee completes assurance review with comments from campus
- Final review of assurance argument
- Post for public comment
- Submit to HLC
April 10-11, 2017
- Peer review team site visit
This plan was adapted from University of Nebraska – Lincoln (UNL)