MASTER THE JOB SEARCH
Looking for a job after graduation or for an internship is not high on anyone’s list of things they look forward to. Job hunting takes time, courage and persistence. Career Services can assist with the many steps involved in a job search.
The handouts below will assist you in:
- Creating a professional resume and cover letter to help you land a job interview
- Responding to questions during a job interview so you may obtain a job offer
- Uncovering job openings and connecting with people
Contact us to schedule a resume review or mock interview to practice your interviewing skills at 216.373.5290 or email@example.com.
Check out these job and career-related websites:
- http://bioohioworkforce.org/ Learn about Ohio bioscience careers and job openings.
- http://diversityemployers.com/ A career and self-development resource targeted to African-American students and other students of color seeking information on careers, job opportunities, graduate/professional school, internships/co-ops, study abroad programs, etc.
- www.Careerboard.com Another large online job posting site; select an area or city and search for specific positions of interest.
Combine the power of NEW search technology with top-notch customer service to give you full control over the job search process.
Job listings in the greater Cleveland area.
A site dedicated to the college student and recent grad; lists over 4500 jobs.
Access this database to of active jobs to find the perfect match for you.
Local Cleveland manufacturing companies post jobs.
- www.jobpostings.net. Job blogs, company profiles and job openings.
- www.monster.com Resource for employers, job seekers and those who desire career advancement.
Compiles jobs in Ohio.
More job listings.
- www.teachersteachers.com Job openings for teachers.
- www.teamworkonline.com Resource and job listings in the sport management industry.
Interview tips and much more.
The Internet and the reference section in the Clara Fritzsche Library are excellent sources for company information. Some sources include:
- Annual Reports
- Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Dun & Bradstreet Directory
- Harris Ohio Industrial Directory
- Hoover’s Handbook of American Business
- Hoover’s Handbook of World Business
- Hoover’s Handbook of Private Companies
- Hoover’s Handbook of Emerging Companies
- Standard & Poor’s Register of Corporations
- The Encyclopedia of Associations
- World Chamber of Commerce Directory
Negotiate a Job Offer
“You’re hired” are the words you want to hear after interviewing, but evaluate whether the job matches your interest and work values. Consider your basic monthly expenses to determine if the starting salary will cover them. Determine average starting salaries by job category and geographic location prior to interviewing to have an idea if the offer is fair. Check out these links for negotiation tips and starting salary information: