Program of Innovation Scholarships
Notre Dame College and the State of Ohio want to help you to reach your professional goals in the biological sciences with an innovative scholarship program. Our program includes the following components:
- Focused learning community in collaboration with other student scholars
- Solid academic preparation through a rigorous and relevant biology curriculum that prepares students for in-demand STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine) careers
- Personalized opportunities for research, experiential learning, and professional mentorship
At Notre Dame College, the emphasis is on the individual and how to assist each student in achieving to his or her highest abilities. The 44+ hour Biology curriculum requires dedication and academic excellence. This program will prepare students for success in postgraduate studies, research, and STEMM careers.
Admission requirements to become a COF Program of Innovation Scholarship recipient are:
- Completion Notre Dame College Application for Admission
- Receipt of an official high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- Receipt of an official ACT or SAT 1 score report
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or better
- Declared major in Biology
- Demonstrated financial need
- Identification with a group that is traditionally underrepresented in STEMM
- Written statement addressing the following: 1) Why you want to become a STEMM major, and 2) How participation in a STEMM Learning Community would help you to achieve your professional goals.
- Personal interview for adult/nontraditional students
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your professional goals and how Notre Dame College can help you. Please contact Dr. Tracey Meilander, Assistant Professor of Biology, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-373-5228 or fill out an online inquiry form and we will be happy to contact you! .
Learn more about Choose Ohio First at: http://www.ohiohighered.org/chooseohio1st