We are happy you are considering Notre Dame College for your Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The pre-licensure BSN track is designed for students who want to obtain a BSN and become eligible to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse.
To apply to the pre-licensure BSN program at Notre Dame, complete the following:
- If you are NOT currently a student at Notre Dame College, you MUST apply for admission. Please contact the college admission staff to apply. If you are under the age of 23, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. If you are more than 23-years-old, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have been admitted to Notre Dame College, submit your online nursing application through the Nursing Centralized Application Service (CAS). Select FAQs under Help in the upper right corner of the webpage for more details and cost of application fee.
- Acceptance by Notre Dame College is required before your application to the nursing program will be considered.
- A minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA is required for nursing program admission. Transfer GPA’s from other school are used in the application process. Courses older than 10 years will be considered for transfer on an individual basis; some may transfer in only as electives but not count toward general education requirements. Nursing pre-requisite and nursing major courses older than 5 years must be reviewed by the Division Chair of Nursing. Computer courses older than five years will not transfer.
- All applicants must take the TEAS test. The test will be administered on January 24, 2014, and again on Saturday, March 15 2014, at Notre Dame College. A $40 testing fee is the applicant’s responsibility, as is the need to register for one of the dates. In the email, please include your full name, cell phone number, Notre Dame College ID number, and desired testing date.
- ACT or SAT scores are required for students 22 years of age or less. The official test scores should be forwarded to:
Notre Dame College
4545 College Road
South Euclid, OH 44121
- Prerequisites needed for the program are listed below. All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or higher. No courses can be repeated more than 1 time. Withdrawals due to failure count toward an attempt.
BI 204/205 Human Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab (4 cr.)
BI 206/207 Human Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab (4 cr.)
CH 106/107 Principles of Inorganic Chemistry with Lab (4 cr.)
CH 116/117 Principles of Organic & Biological Chemistry with Lab (4 cr.)
EN 100/101 Basic Principles of Expository Writing (3 cr. each)
OR EN 110 Advanced Composition: Expository Writing (3 cr.)
PY 201 General Psychology (3 cr.)
MA 110 Intermediate Algebra (3 cr.)
- The following items need to be accomplished in order for your nursing application to be considered complete and ready for an official decision:
- Acceptance to Notre Dame College
- Official transcripts received by NursingCAS
- NursingCAS reviewed/validated said transcripts
- ACT/SAT scores received by nursing division (if your age is < 23)
- TEAS test scores received/verified by nursing division
- Final deadline for completed application submission is June 13, 2014. Applications completed in Nursing CAS after June 13, 2014 will be at the discretion of the Notre Dame College Nursing Admissions Committee.